Martial Arts Etiquette
The Dojo environment is open minded and supportive. We value each student and do our best to create a community where everyone is encouraged to be the best person they can be and to enter into the Budo spirit. To make that experience possible in a group setting, we ask that you be mindful of some basic Martial arts etiquette:
- Please arrive for class 10 minutes early. This gives you time to park, get signed in and settled for class.
- Please turn cell phones and pagers OFF or SILENT. A cell phone on vibrate can be as disruptive as a phone with the ringer on.
- Please leave shoes and coats in the lobby area on the racks and cubbies provided.
- You can bring your purse/keys/wallet into the practice room.
- You are welcome to bring a water bottle to class, but we ask that you do not bring cups of water or other beverages. The instructor moves throughout the room during class and spilling a cup of water is a disruption to the whole class.
- Please talk to your instructor about any pre-existing physical condition, old sports injuries or health concerns that might be relevant to your class. Teachers will do their best to provide modifications to suit your needs.
- Please let the instructor know if you need to leave class early — and then please do so quietly.